Increasing the number of Kalamazoo County residents who have a college degree or other certification will foster economic and social vitality, help families be self-sufficient and increase lifetime earnings for individuals. Our goal is that 60% of Kalamazoo County residents will have a recognized certification or post-secondary degree within six years after high school by 2025.
CONTRIBUTING DATA POINTS
- Two-year and four-year freshman retention rate.
- Degrees granted annually.
- Number of certificates issued from state-approved training programs.
- Percentage of 18- to 24-year-olds connected with a post-secondary educational program.
- Net migration of 25- to 34-year-olds with a college degree.
- Percentage of individuals between the ages of 24 and 65 with a certificate, associate’s, bachelor’s or higher degree.
Kalamazoo County Educational Attainment
Our scorecard is a collection of performance data and information for Kalamazoo County and measures how well our community is doing in meeting its educational goals. Data and information for this section was collected from: