Children who are academically, physically and socially ready for pre-K and kindergarten are more likely to experience future school success. Our goal is for every child in Kalamazoo County to meet beginning of year kindergarten readiness benchmarks.
CONTRIBUTING DATA POINTS
- The percentage of Kalamazoo County pre-kindergarten schools with a high quality rating on the Michigan Tiered Quality Rating and Improvement System.
- The percentage of Kalamazoo County 3- and 4-year-olds that attend a high-quality pre-kindergarten school.
- The percentage of 0- to 3-year-old children that exit Kalamazoo County home visitation programs with successful outcomes.
- The percentage of babies born with low birth weights.
- The percentage of infant mortality by subgroups.
Our scorecard is a collection of performance data and information for Kalamazoo County and measures how well our community is doing in meeting its educational goals. Data and information for this section were provided by DIBELS and DIBELS Next and give a rough indication of academic kindergarten readiness. In 2011, 2012 and 2013, not all Kalamazoo County school districts used DIBELS and DIBELS Next, so the data on this page is not necessarily representative of the county as a whole. The State of Michigan approved Teaching Strategies Gold as the assessment tool to be implemented statewide, although the implementation date has yet to be determined.